Saturday, September 11, 2010

Do you believe in miracles?

“Do you believe in miracles?”
With the wind whistling in my ears as I rode the bike back, I glanced around at the teary eyed face of my pillion.
“So, do you believe in miracles?” She asked again.
“NO!” I said and raced towards the fly over that read ‘Pune: 9 km’…
It feels so weird when you see someone after that long a time. Speechless describes it best. And boy had she changed. I had totally forgotten what she looked like, but we met as if we had met just yesterday. Soon we met others, people forgotten in the sands of time who were nothing like what they used to be. We remembered all the little things we had left behind in the race to grow up, small little things that defined us in the past.
Her voice brought me back from my flashback.
“Why?”
My speedometer was clocking a constant 70. I glanced down at it and then back on the road. It was pretty much empty with the occasional car speeding past.
“No idea…never happened to me” I shrugged.
True love is so hard to find. A single thing can break your heart even after 4 years of togetherness. What does one do then? How does one move on? How do you get over that person who had been your entire existence? Answers to the above questions I don’t have and neither do I know anyone who does.
You are lucky if you can turn you back on what was and embrace what could be. Most people can’t but some can. And what would you give to just meet the one person who held your side all along?
Thoughts clouded my mind. The reason I was driving back from a near remote location located on the outskirts of the city were unknown to even me. All I knew was that I was doing it. I had just helped two people in love meet. Was this a miracle? No idea never happened to me.
The parking lot loomed into view. I got her back home. As she got down from the bike, I knew what she wanted to say. She gave me a hug and said thanks. Was the trip a miracle for her? Or was it the chance meeting of the two, I would never find out but all I knew was that something had happened today to turn her into this. Wondrous how a small thing can turn someone from an atheist to a believer in miracles. She had witnessed one today.
So do I believe in miracles? No clue never happened to me. If miracles were real, I would have gotten what I had asked for. Will I get it, I don’t know but I guess I can wait…
To be continued… 

0 comments: